Tuesday, September 29, 2026

AI does such a marvellous job in imitating Hong Kong students' interlanguage!

 I created another AI agent for teaching called 'Ming's ESL teacher'. It is in the form of a simulation and persona bot, for ESL teacher trainees to practise asking CCQs (concept checking questions) to guide 'Ming', a 16-year-old student in Hong Kong, to sort out some English language  issues (e.g., What pronoun to use if the Subject of the previous sentence is 'Someone'). https://poe.com/Ming-ESL-teacher


So, I gave the persona bot a try myself, acting as Ming's English teacher. After a few speaking turns, Ming said: "I understand la. If we don't know the person is man or woman, we can use 'they'.' 


Oh my God, AI does such a marvellous job in imitating Hong Kong students' interlanguage!




No comments:

AI does such a marvellous job in imitating Hong Kong students' interlanguage!

  I created another AI agent for teaching called 'Ming's ESL teacher'. It is in the form of a simulation and persona bot, for ES...