Sometimes, a Youtube video which is very rich in content may not be easy for students to follow if they are asked to watch it individually or together as a whole class. Although today there are AI apps which will generate a transcript/summary forr a YT video, the transcript/summary is still one piece of text, which may not be very captivating.
One pre-viewing idea I have tried out recently in my Language Awareness course is to generate a concise slidedeck from a Youtube video I was about to ask the class to view. I asked the class to look through the generated slidedeck first. Many of the slides summarised the video content in graphic forms for easier understanding. When the students had finished looking through the generated slidedeck (for 3 minutes), they then watched the video. The post-viewing quiz showed a very high level of understanding.
For illustration, here is a pre-video-viewing slidedeck I created using Edcafe AI. The YT video was created by Mr Ha Chi Hong, in which he explained how to use Gemini Spark to convert PDFs to editable documents. The content of the video is rather technical. Looking through the Edcafe AI-created slidedeck as a pre-viewing step will certainly help.
Mr Ha's original video (25:37): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw9RbtTl8fY
Edcafe AI-generated previewing slidedeck: https://app.edcafe.ai/share/slidedeck/converting-pdfs-to-editable-documents-with-ai-6a77f551ca64f4eb033ac1a0
No comments:
Post a Comment