Sunday, December 15, 2024

Anki vs Midterm for creating cloze passages for revision

 Just this morning, I realised that Anki can also be used to create cloze deletions in a passage. The passage, or pararaph, will become one card containing the deletions (as many as you like). 

But I still like Midterm more for this purpose. It's easier to create a study text. You only need to hover your cursor on a deletion, and the answer will show. 

The downside is that the developer doesn't support the mobile app or the web app any more (they have switched to Subconcept, a mobile app for a different purpose). While I can continue to create using the desktop app, there is no way I can study the cloze texts on the go. 

No comments:

Created an AI agent for lecture planning

 終於找到時間製作了一個供備課用的AI agent, 形式像custom bot, 姑且叫它做agentic bot, 我打入一個課題,例如"English Phonetics and Phonology: Voiced vs Voiceless consonants...