Thursday, April 13, 2023

The question set export function in QuestionWell

This morning I explained how I use QuestionWell, an AI app, to generate a set of MC comprehension questions from a text. The question set can then be exported as DOCX, or as a Microsoft Excel file. The app allows me to generate two versions: Version 1 with the questions only, and Version 2 with the Answer Key as well.

At this point, I can share Version 1 with my teacher students. They will then read the text and then mark the correct answers on their copied DOCX document. But this afternoon, I decided to go one step further, by turning the question set into a Google Form quiz. I converted the DOCX document to a Google Doc. I then opened the Google Doc extension called Automagical Forms, and had it convert all the questions on the Google Doc to a Google Form quiz. Within 5 seconds, I had the Google Form quiz ready to send.
Imagine if I had to type out the Google Form quiz myself!
Of course one thing I don't understand is: Despite all these time-saving AI apps, why am I still so busy?
(BTW, QuestionWell will also allow you to export the question set as an Excel file, which you can then import into Kahoot or Quizizz immediately to create a quiz game.)






No comments:

ChatGPT and Being a Guide on the Side

 自從有了ChatGPT, 在課堂中一些以前我會主動解釋的概念,現時間中我會請學員即時問ChatGPT, 其中一個目的,是讓學員看到如果是純知識,他們其實不用我去告訴他們,我亦希望借此培養他們的主動求知的精神。 這並不表示我備課變得輕鬆了,只是我的心思變為集中在設計一課的Lear...