Thursday, April 28, 2022

Vibby for putting segments from a video into one link

 Just tried this app which is good for extracting a few segments from a Youtube video to play in a lesson. Sometimes, rather than playing a whole Youtube video during a class session, I may just want to play a few parts from it. Of course I can note down the timings of the sections, and skip from section to section while referring to the timings, or add timestamps to the video, but I still have to manually jump from section to section while playing the video. This app, called Vibby, enables me to put the wanted segments into one link, so that in the classroom, the only thing I have to do is to play this link. 

The example below contains 5 extracts from a Youtube video. I will start this Saturday's Macao workshop by playing this link and inviting the teachers to listen for the word that pops up again and again, and again. 

https://www.vibby.com/v/QyGfas2y6

No comments:

ChatGPT and Being a Guide on the Side

 自從有了ChatGPT, 在課堂中一些以前我會主動解釋的概念,現時間中我會請學員即時問ChatGPT, 其中一個目的,是讓學員看到如果是純知識,他們其實不用我去告訴他們,我亦希望借此培養他們的主動求知的精神。 這並不表示我備課變得輕鬆了,只是我的心思變為集中在設計一課的Lear...