Tuesday, September 03, 2024

Two Uses of a WORD Outline: PPT and EdrawMind

 Some time ago, I wrote about the advantages of starting with an Outline in WORD when creating a PPT presentation. Starting with an Outline gives you a useful overview of your presentation. If you plunge into a PPT slide directly, you may not see the forest for the trees. When your WORD outline is ready, open PPT, and import the outline into the PPT file (Home > Slide > from Outline). 

Now, Edrawmind, a desktop/mobile app for creating mindmaps, also accepts importing a WORD outline. Choose this Import function, import the WORD outline, and you get a Mindmap immediately. 

So, it's like killing two birds with one stone. 



By the way, while preparing an Outline in WORD, my current experience is to go to VIEW, then select Outline


Then prepare the Outline using the various Level settings. When finished, the WORD file can be saved as a usual WORD document (i.e, no need to save it as txt, etc.)


No comments:

Workflowy for Presenting a Lesson Rundown List

 I use Dynalist to do my lesson planning. When I'm done, I copy the rundown and paste it into Notion which serves as the homepages of my...