Sunday, March 24, 2024

Using the Slideshow Function of Padlet

 A few days ago I had to conduct a staff development workshop at a school. I took the opportunity to create a Timeline Padlet, which shows the rundown of the workshop, and presented it as a slideshow during the workshop. I did not have a separate PPT for the event. 

One advantage of that is that while presenting the Padlet, the original links in the various cards on the Timeline Padlet are clickable. 

However, on that occasion, as I already had the links opened as tabs on my laptop, while presenting the Padlet, I didn't really have to click on the embedded links. I simply jumped to the browser tabs. 

Nevertheless, there is still one plus with presenting a Padlet like a slideshow. When you start presenting, it will open in a new tab. The original timeline tab is still there. That means that while presenting, any time you want to show the Timeline Overview again, you can jump back to that tab. This is something that Nearpod, PPT, and Google Slides, cannot do. 

https://padlet.com/szepaul/240319-spccps-workshop-reading-pedagogy-and-generative-ai-y8djcs2rkv7eshr4

Also, I used the 'Section' function to display a timeline for each part of the workshop (there were 3 parts).




No comments:

Slideguru for generating PPTs

 Just tried Slideguru to generate a PPT from a prompt topic.  the prompt topic: Some Ways to use AI-generated images in the teaching of Engl...