Friday, September 01, 2023

ScreenPal: the new version of Screencast-o-matic

 Screencast-o-matic was the first app that I used for screen-recording. Later, Screencastify and Loom came about, and as they were Chrome extensions, they were more convenient to use. I then abandoned Screencast-o-matic in favour of Loom and Screencastify. 

Yesterday, I happened to discover that Screencast-o-matic had become ScreenPal. I tried ScreenPal, and found three important pluses which would take me back to the improved version of Screencast-o-matic: ScreenPal: 

1. I like the clear small yellow circle which accompanies the cursor movement. Screencastify has a similar function but the effect is not good. 

2. ScreenPal will give me a public share link as soon as I have finished a round of screen-recording. Screencastify allows users to export the screen-recorded video to Youtube, but the process takes too long. 

3. The free plan of Loom and Screencastify has a recording time limit of 5 minutes only, and a limit on the number of videos that can be produced. Screenpal's recording time is 15 minutes, and there is no limit on the number of videos you can make. 

https://screenpal.com/home

No comments:

ChatGPT and Being a Guide on the Side

 自從有了ChatGPT, 在課堂中一些以前我會主動解釋的概念,現時間中我會請學員即時問ChatGPT, 其中一個目的,是讓學員看到如果是純知識,他們其實不用我去告訴他們,我亦希望借此培養他們的主動求知的精神。 這並不表示我備課變得輕鬆了,只是我的心思變為集中在設計一課的Lear...