Thursday, March 24, 2022

Loom vs Screencastify

 It's always interesting to watch these cut-throat competitions between app developers. For creating screen-recording videos using a Chrome extension, I started out with Screencastify. Later, I switched to Loom because Loom trumped Screencastify in terms of the length of the screen-recorded video that could be created. Just two months ago, I switched back to Screencastify, because Screencastify had a new function: inserting quiz questions into a screen-recorded video. 


Then, this morning, I received this update from Loom announcing an upcoming new function. Will I switch back to Loom? It depends on how useful the new function is. 


The bottomline: 

1. As an edtech user, I have no loyalty to any particular app. 

2. These apps are free. How do the developers make a living




No comments:

ChatGPT and Being a Guide on the Side

 自從有了ChatGPT, 在課堂中一些以前我會主動解釋的概念,現時間中我會請學員即時問ChatGPT, 其中一個目的,是讓學員看到如果是純知識,他們其實不用我去告訴他們,我亦希望借此培養他們的主動求知的精神。 這並不表示我備課變得輕鬆了,只是我的心思變為集中在設計一課的Lear...